Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish Review

So, for some exciting news- I now have my very own Youtube channel!! Yay!!! Also Yikes- Me in full on video format for the world to see is a little scary!! But my channel is called BeautyHolic88 and you can check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautyHolic88

In other news, I have finally gotten around to trying out my magnetic polish and I really like it! So I will include my video review as well as just my regular review. I check out blogs while I'm at work (I know- shame on me!!) and can't watch videos, so I like to be able to see what's going on in text!


 I got the Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish in Houses of Parliament from Sephora for $16. That's kind of steep for a polish, but it has a magnet on the lid and the magnetic flecks inside and I just really wanted to try a magnetic polish, so I paid it anyway...





The process for the magnetic polish is slightly different from normal polishes. You first put a light coat on each nail and let it dry.
After that coat is completely dry, you put a heavy coat and immediately take the magnet part and hold it over the wet polish while wiggling it slightly and go nail by nail.


The magnet makes cute little wiggly designs on the nail. One problem though is that it sometimes just kind of makes a blotch on the nail if you don't do the magnet just right.



Overall, I really like the polish and would probably buy it again in a different shade. I do hope that the price gradually goes down though!

13 comments:

  1. I am really loving the new magnetic nail polish. I haven't tried it on myself yet, but I have seen a lot of pictures, and it looks just gorgeous.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never tried a magnetic nail polish, it looks really difficult to get it right - I can barely paint my nails right :P! Looks gorgeous on you though!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about this polish in a magazine...such a cool concept, but I don't like the price either!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love nail polish and now this is something I have got to try.... I do love the crackle effect that came out a few months back but this sounds so neat! will be checking my sephora for sure!
    great post hun
    I am now following your blog
    I invite you to check mine out ..Love if if you visit
    blessings


    http://glamstyln.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this advertised in a magazine...thought it looked pretty cool! Glad to see your review...it sounds like too much work for me. But I love the way it looks!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I have never seen that before thanks for the review I'll be sure to check it out now=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this but it looks so cool!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    xo Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! the nail polish effect is gorgeous!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. That polish is so neat. I've been thinking about picking it up, but I'm afraid I'm just going to mess it up. haha. I have a high fail rate with painting my nails. I'm so impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This nail polish looks very nice! Unfortunately we don't have Nails Inc. in Germany - not that I know - but I've seen plenty from other brands at drugstore, might give it a try x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nails look amazing!! I would love to try this polish soon:)


    ibeauty85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete