Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beauty Sample Delivery Services

Recently I saw an ad for Birchbox on Facebook and ever since then have become OBSESSED with all of the beauty delivery services out there! These services deliver anywhere between 5-10 so called deluxe beauty samples to your door usually monthly and sometimes even have full sized products in them. They can cost anywhere from $10-$40. To me there is nothing better than getting a box of beauty goodies to try out for so cheap, so I got a little crazy and subscribed to Birchbox, Eco-Emi and NewBeauty Test Tube!

So far, I've only gotten the NewBeauty Test Tube so will be only reviewing that one today. The NewBeauty Test Tube is sent out four times a year and costs $29.99 plus $8.95 shipping. They are only sent out at certain times, so it will say on the website when it has shipped. Mine took a couple of weeks to get to me after they said it had shipped, so it takes a while.
http://testtube.newbeauty.com/Program.aspx

In my Test Tube I got:
*NewBeauty Magazine
*$20 Spalook gift card- This is pretty much worthless as you have to spend $100 to use it...
*Full size L'Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray- This was a decent hairspray and costs $14.99. It's not really any better than others I've used, so I don't think I would really seek it out again.


*Orlane Absolute Skin Recovery Smoothing Foundation .11oz- This was nice and lived up to its name smoothing my face well. At $70 for a full size bottle, I don't think that it's something I would use though.
*SpaRitual Handprint Hand Serum .25oz- This is something that I really liked as hands are one area that really show aging. I don't know how well it works for anti aging, but it made my hands feel nice. I would definitely think about buying this. This goes for $60 for a 4oz. bottle. I think that it is comparable to the  MaryKay satin hands set which I LOVE!
*Pevonia Botanica Ligne Rose Care Cream .7oz- This was an extra that wasn't listed in the book. I didn't really like it as it did not smell good at all. It is meant for people who suffer from rosacea which I don't so it may be worth it for those people. It costs $71 for a 1.7 oz bottle.
*Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vaccuum Cleaner .4oz- This seemed to work pretty well on my blackheads and I would consider buying it in the future. The full size costs $40.



*Lashfood Natural Eyelash Conditioner .05oz- I used this for about a week and did not notice any change. It does say that you are supposed to use it for 4-8 weeks however. The full size 8ml costs $120.
*Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner fullsize- This went on very smooth and I liked it a lot. I will definitely look into buying this brand of eyeliner in the future. This typically costs $15.


*YBF Beauty Posing Plum Lip Liner fullsize- This is probably one of the best lipliners that I have ever tried! It went on extremely smoothly unlike a lot of the brands that I've tried and the color was pretty. It also has a built in sharpener on the lid! It costs $8.


*Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment and Deep Repair Masque 1oz- Move over Moroccan Oil! This is by far my favorite thing in the tube. I got it the day after I dyed my hair platinum and it was AMAZING on my frazzled ends!!! It is $39 for a 4.2oz oil treatment and $30 for an 8.5oz deep repair masque and I will definitely be getting more!

Overall I think that I will definitely try this program out again. Even though I didn't like a few of the products, the hairspray, lip liner and eyeliner alone covered the cost of the tube.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried Birchbox but never heard of any of these other companies! Didn't know there were so many. I've been wanting to try the Elnett spray and was curious if it was really a great as it's been made out to be. Thinking I will probably just save my money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was really surprised when I started researching the different companies. There are quite a few more including ones that are exclusive to like Europe and Australia!

    ReplyDelete