Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November Eco-Emi Box

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I've been trying to edit my blog some, so if it looks funny at all that's why! As Google is shutting down GFC for all non Blogger blogs, I working on adding other ways to follow me.

I'm kind of obsessed with the monthly sample boxes. Recently I found one called Eco-Emi that sends out different green products. I am very conscious about what I eat, but have not been so picky about beauty products unfortunately. This is an excellent way to be exposed to more green products and try them out before investing in them.

When I first saw my box this month I was super excited!






I was most excited to try out the clay mask by Blissoma:



It has a pleasant smell, but overall I was not horribly impressed with it. It tingled while it was on and I thought it would be great, but it left my skin with a weird texture after I washed it off.



I was also really excited for the shampoo, but I was not overly impressed with it either. It didn't really suds up much in my hair and I had to use more of it than my normal shampoo to get it to work at all.


The hand creme was nice and moisturizing on my hands, but I did not really like the smell at all.



This was something else I was excited to try out and I did like it. I am using it as a highlight as it doesn't really have much discernible color to it; just shimmer. I do wish that they would have sent a color instead so that I could see if they are pigmented well, but I do want to try out more from this brand.



I really love this and definitely want to check out the brand's non-toxic nail polishes too! The lip balm has a minty smell and does tingle a bit, but keeps my lips soft with a hint of a shimmer.



I normally don't use a lot of mist type things, but I really love the smell of this one- it's like a really light vanilla with a hint of citrus.



This was a decent dark chocolate- It was a little bitter but still pretty good!



I'm not really into buttons, but it's cute if you like that kind of thing I guess. I'm just going to give it to my sister as I'm just not into them.

Overall, I was a little disappointed with the way some of the items worked out, but I did find a few products that I really like and love testing out green products.

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this company! I may have to check it out because I've been really disappointed in my birchboxes the past few months

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite
    SHOP BLACK FRIDAY - CYBER MONDAY WITH MARK.GIRL up to $70 worth of FREE Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. great times can't wait till you have a review on things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm chocolate!
    I tried out the Eco-emi bonus box when they had a wait list, they have nice packaging and I love that it's all green products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked everything closed to nature. will wait on detailed reviews. thanks for sharing
    http://wemakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW nice box are you goin to review everything?
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Must sign up! Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is everything supposed to be an indie product? Or are the major makeup places just that bad at being green?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh u got some nice things! the chocolate looks yummy :D the lip balm has such cute packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of that stuff looks FAB! Link up with me today on my blog, won't you chica??
    www.megansilianoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @aki!: Everything is supposed to be made with natural and organic items as opposed to all of the chemicals in normal makeup and beauty products.
    @Hunter87: I do plan on reviewing a few of the items. Some of them didn't have enough product for me to get anything beyond an initial opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, the box looks super cute! Can't believe chocolates were given in a beauty bag too, we have never had those beauty bags over here in Malaysia, you're lucky haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked that you tried it and give it a couple more go rounds before discontinuing. Organic products usually don't have the best smell and they go bad really fast. See what works and what doesn't. Awesome reviews and pics! That's why I enjoy reading your posts. Great job!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete